Learn fundamentals of solid waste streams to reduce the costs associated with sending waste to landfills. Learn fundamentals of solid waste streams and their sources by focusing on the leading methods of waste reduction, known as the 4Rs — Refuse, Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle. Activities and exercises on lifecycle analysis, alternative material selection, byproduct reduction, waste exchange, and zero landfill.
Business Building Blocks
A sustainable business strategy is a way to build your business. We help you identify methods you can implement to build a sustainability program that will drive business improvements, stimulate innovation, and identify new markets
Identify the potentials and possibilities for business expansion in the green sector. MEP teaches you:
- How to identify green sector opportunities and avoid pitfalls
- Identify exposure to solid waste and identify what the toxic levels are
- How to monitor your organizations’ solid waste impact, and what you can do about it
- How to bypass ecological damage, and eliminate waste without damage to soil and water tables in landfills.
- Implementing manufacturing processes efficient in use of energy, water, and materials
Implementing green-driven sustainability programs makes sense economically, environmentally, and socially. All three considerations hava a bottom-line impact 1) improved operational efficiency, lowered production and maintenance costs, and reduced regulatory compliance expenses; 2) reduced demand for natural resources and energy consuming hard to get and expensive natural resources, limiting waste of nature; and 3) leaves increased resources and energy for others. Renewable efforts are often Federally funded and can create new jobs and profit opportunities.
Add SED Solids “Zero Landfill” training to your 5P Strategy so you can unify sustainable efforts that affect your enterprise. All MEP SED courses integrate to produce a sustainability initiative that will fit with your 5P Strategic Plan. Call for additional details, or to set up SED Air training for your business.