Compliance with health and safety standards saves employers money and adds value to the business. Fire, injury, or workplace fatalities can cause profit losses, or even destroy a business. OSHA certification ensures companies comply with environmental safety requirements covering equipment and other issues from equipment safety, installation, and maintenance to processes such as operating procedures and training.OSHA standards keep employers and workers safe and focused on work.
Business Building Blocks
By becoming OSHA certified, employers demonstrate diligence in their concern for worker safety in activity-intensive, high-risk environments. OSHA standards and processes help prevent accidents that can paralyze an enterprise. When OSHA standards are implemented, however, both employer and employee win. MEP makes sure your team is fully trained to:
- Administrate the detailed requirements for OSHA deployment and compliance
- Integrate State regulations and legislation that interfaces with the Federal program.
- Keep the correct records as specified by OSHA to avoid citations and keep compliant
- Understand all sections and their requirements such as 1910.132 specifying protective equipment including respiratory devices, eye coverings, and protective clothing.
- Prepare your in-house policy that is added to the Federal standards specifying health and safety requirements and safeguatrds reflecting your company’s unique needs.
- Meet legal obligations with correct, step-by-step, actionable responses.
Becoming OSHA compliant safeguards employers from catastrophic incident costs such as facility restoration, production interruption, and legal resolution fees. Owners further realize savings and benefits from a confident, productive workforce, smoother production from maintained equipment, and quicker quality output from streamlined operation procedures.
- When employees stay safe and healthy, workers’ compensation, emergency medical trips, and insurance costs decrease
- OSHA compliance aggregates savings from morale increases, low turnover and rehiring costs, and decreased re-training expenditures
- Financial benefits are realized from properly trained personnel, and streamlined, standardized, fluent production at increased levels
- Profitabilty increases when risks are reduced, confidence rises among workers, and operating expenses decrease
OSHA is a complex system of standards and process requirements protecting company and worker. Make sure your bases are covered. Call your MEP representative today to schedule OSHA training as part of your 5p Strategy for Success.