Many businesses deal with hazardous compounds daily. Hazmat training and documentation of training are mandatory requirements for employees who handle, prepare for transport, or ship hazardous materials. OSHA standards for safe handling of dangerous toxic substances by employees in the workplace must be followed as well. Training teaches businesses how to create emergency data sheets, labels and more.
Business Building Blocks
By becoming HAZCOM certified, employers protect workers who must handle toxic hazardous substances. OSHA standards and processes help prevent accidents that can cause devastating health consequences and paralyze an enterprise. When OSHA standards are implemented both employer and employee win. MEP makes sure your team is fully trained to:
- Administrate standards and compliance measures for OSHA HAZCOM.
- Define what HAZCOM considers Hazardous Materials, and why.
- Keep the correct records as specified by OSHA to avoid citations and keep compliant
- Understand and comply with legal Labeling, Material Safety Data Sheets, and Training
- Clearly understand and execute the employers’ responsibility to avoid citation
- Conduct in-house required training to avert disaster and meet compliance standards.
- Develop a detailed written Hazard Communications plan specific to the business
- Provide all necessary equipment, protective clothing, and gear to meet standards
Becoming HAZCOM compliant safeguards employers from catastrophic incident costs such as facility restoration, production interruption, and legal resolution fees. Owners further realize savings and benefits from a confident, trained workforce, smoother production from procedurally-managed toxic substances, and quicker output from streamlined operation.
- When employees stay safe and healthy, workers’ compensation, emergency medical trips, and insurance costs decrease
- HAZCOM compliance aggregates savings from morale increases, low turnover and rehiring costs, and decreased re-training expenditures
- Financial benefits are realized from properly trained personnel, and streamlined, standardized, fluent production at increased levels
- Profitabilty increases when risks are reduced, confidence rises among workers, and operating expenses decrease
HAZCOM standards and procedures protect both company and worker. Make sure your bases are covered. Call your MEP representative today to schedule OSHA HAZCOM Hazmat training as part of your 5p Strategy for Success.